Thursday, March 18, 2010

Malcolm Gladwell -- a must read...

Only twice have I read more than 2 books by the same author. I completed 3 of Donald Miller's books which i recommend highly and more recently i completed a third book by Malcolm Gladwell and then immediately started a 4th book by him.

I do consider myself an avid reader but do have a tendency to bounce around. However, these 2 authors have captivated my attention and intrigue more than any other. They write in different genres so i dont really compare the two. Gladwell deals with scientific sociology and does so by examining case study on top of case study. His writing is extremely compelling and always leads towards a conclusion that changes the way i think or act.

Of the 3 i have read: Tipping Point, Blink, & Outliers the second on this list impacted me the most. Blink truly has changed the way i make decisions. In fact it has helped me in my decision making by convincing me to stick with my gut/blink reaction more than in the past -- which is saying something for a very analytical & methodical person like myself.

I look forward to completing his latest: What the Dog Saw. I'll let you know how it turns out. In the meantime grab your own copy of a Gladwell book. You will be "Glad" that you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment